How do I wash my wig?
Washing a wig has never been so easy! Here are some simple steps to ensure your wig looks and feels clean.
- Gently use a comb or your fingertips to remove any tangles from your wig.
- Fill a sink/bowl with luke-warm water and add a pea-size amount of shampoo.
- Immerse your wig for 3-5 minutes, gently swirling to ensure that the water penetrates all hair strands.
- Remove your wig and blot onto a soft towel, aiming to remove any excess water.
- Refill the sink/bowl with clean, cool water and immerse your wig, carefully swirling it until you are sure there is no shampoo left (this may have to be repeated a couple of times).
- After washing, spray a generous amount of leave-in conditioner to your wig, then comb through from the root to the tip.
- To dry your wig, carefully blot it against a soft towel- ensuring not to rub, wring or twist as this will damage the fibres.
- Place the wig on a mannequin head or wig stand and allow the wig to dry completely- ideally overnight.